Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed pill (did it) now bad diarrhea and noticed blood

Missed pill (did it) now bad diarrhea and noticed blood

Patient: Hey Doctor!I have a question, I am 18 years old and very good at taking my birth control pill. However, last Saturday I forgot to take it, and had unprotected sex. The guy did not ejaculate inside me (but I have heard of pre-cum). As soon as I got home Sunday I took my pill. However, since Sunday I have also been having terrible diarrhea, and yet I’m still bloated. I haven’t missed a pill but today I noticed blood on my underwear and now whenever I wipe after I urinate I notice blood. Because I am worried about being pregnant I took two tests, which both came out negative. I am confused on why I am bleeding down there though is it because the egg has implanted?!

Symptoms: Dirrehea, bloating, nausea, bleeding

Doctor: Birth control pills protect from unwanted pregnancy only when take in recommended cycles, regularly, and under expert me dical supervision. Irregular use may predispose one to an unwanted pregnancy, if intercourse occurs in one’s fertile period (time around ovulation).The fertile period of a woman who is not on pills is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Pills prevent ovulation and thus averts pregnancy.The diarrhea and spotting are not normal and may be caused by other medical problems also. Please visit your family physician for a check-up and treatment, if required.