Missed pills had unprotected sex and got what I think is a period ! Don't know if it's pregnancy or not !

Patient

Q: Okay so I am currently on lutera birth control pills I am on vacation with my boyfriend and missed 3 pills and had unprotected sex and he came in me all three times I started my period or what I think might be a period the next day ! Could I be pregnant or am I just over thinking ?!

Symptoms:  Period, lower belly cramps and clear water like discharge
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
If your period was on time and you had normal flow as per your previous menstrual cycle pattern then probably you need not worry. But it is always advisable that when you miss the daily birth control pills, to use extra modes of contraception like morning after pills or vaginal pills which have spermicidal effect before sex, or a condom. Prevention of pregnancy is always better than to opt for an abortion.
It is advised that you opt for a pregnancy test 7 10 days later to your period or what you say, are thinking as a period. This just to rule out chances of a possible conception.
Hope that answers your query.
Have a good day.