Missed pills once in a while. What are pregnancy chances?

Q: Can a girl get pregnant is she only misses the pill once In awhile?

A:   Thank you for your query.
Birth control pills should be taken regularly, preferably starting latest by day 5 of the menstrual cycle till day 25 of the menstrual cycle. If taken regularly then birth control pills provide contraception effectively up to 99%. Occasionally if you forget to the take the pill, take it immediately as soon as you remember and then take the next pill as per your routine schedule. It is recommended to be regular in taking the pill in order not to loose its effectiveness in providing contraception. When the pill is started for the first time it is always better to use extra mode of protection during sexual intercourse like a later condom etc. for the first seven days. Keep a reminder or an app that will remind you to take the pill regularly.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.