Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missing 2 Birth Control Pills in a row

Missing 2 Birth Control Pills in a row

Patient: Type Your OB GYN Question Here…I have been on birth control for 3 years and the other day I realized i missed my thursday and friday(which i have never missed one before) in the 1st week of my pack so on saturday I took thursday and friday and then 2 hours later i took saturdays. That saturday night me and my boyfriend “dry humped” while both of us were still wearing underwear, when we were done i changed my underwear, is there any chance i could be pregnant from this?

Doctor: It is common for women to miss 2 pills in a row. When this happens, take 2 pills as soon as you remember and 2 pills the next day and then continue the pack as normal BUT be sure to use a back up method of birth control such as condoms.In your case, you took 2 as soon as you remembered, 1 pill 2 hours later and then continued with your pack.While your method of sexual activity is a low risk activity, if any sperm contaminated your underwear, the possibility of pregnancy exists.I would continue to use a back up method of birth control till the next cycle. If your cycle does not arrive, please do a home pregnancy test.i hope this clarifies things.