Missing Birth Control Pill after 2 days of Unprotected Sex

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor I had unprotected sex thursday night and friday night. I some how managed to forget to take my pill last night monday. What should i do? is there a risk i can get pregnant

Doctor

A:   If it is within 72 hours of unprotected sex, consider talking Plan B.  It is available in most countries without a prescription.
Additionally, you should take 2 pills of your birth control on the Tuesday or the day after your missed pill.  You should use a barrier method of protection for the remainder of your cycle.
If your period does not arrive as scheduled, you should take a pregnancy test.
Good luck. I understand it may be a nervous month for you.