Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missing Birth Control Pill after 2 days of Unprotected Sex

Missing Birth Control Pill after 2 days of Unprotected Sex

Patient: Dear Doctor I had unprotected sex thursday night and friday night. I some how managed to forget to take my pill last night monday. What should i do? is there a risk i can get pregnant

Doctor: If it is within 72 hours of unprotected sex, consider talking Plan B.  It is available in most countries without a presc cription.Additionally, you should take 2 pills of your birth control on the Tuesday or the day after your missed pill.  You should use a barrier method of protection for the remainder of your cycle.If your period does not arrive as scheduled, you should take a pregnancy test.Good luck. I understand it may be a nervous month for you.