Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missing tubal ligation clip and pregnancy

Missing tubal ligation clip and pregnancy

Patient: I was recently in the er for a kidney infection and was also informed one of my tubal ligation clips is no longer connected. I am 28 and in very good health. My tubal was just a little over two years ago. What are the chances I could pregnant again. I am married and extremely sexually active w my husband.

Doctor: Given that it has been greater than two years since your sterilization procedure, the migration of the clips does not in crease your risk of getting pregnant. Scientific studies show that the rate of pregnancy following tubal sterilization ranges from 0.1 to 0.8 %r after the procedure.