Mixing alcohol and medications.

Patient

Q: Hello! I took benadryl at 6:30pm to help with a cold I have, I at 9:30pm also took 400mg of advil cold and sinus. Tomorrow, for new years, my friends are throwing a party at 9pm. Will it be safe for me to drink by then or no? I dont want to mix medication and alcohol. How long before it is safe?

Symptoms:  None. Just a question.
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
24 Hours is a good enough period to facilitate washout of your previous medicines i.e. benadryl , advil cold. It would practically be safe to take alcohol as it would not interfere with your medicines.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!