Mixing almond and regular milk in bottle

Patient

Q: IS IT OK TO MIX ALMOND MILK AND REGULAR MILK IN A BOTTLE WHEN FEEDING AN INFANT

Doctor

A:   You have not mentioned the age of your child. Breast milk is very important during the first few months in a baby`s life and is all that your child will need. It is very important to wait until after your child’s second birthday to introduce almond milk due to the high risk of nut allergy. I would not recommend mixing regular milk and almond milk when bottle feeding a baby, though these may be given separately in the absence of any allergy.