Can I mix buscopan with ibuprofen?

Ask The Doctor > Drug Interactions > Can I mix buscopan with ibuprofen?

Patient: Hello my girlfriend has been suffering with severe abdominal pain and has been taken into hospital 6 times in the last 18 months and they have said they think it is IBS and told me to buy buscopan IBS relief but it is not relieving her pain so I was hoping that I could give her some ibuprofen 200 mg, she is 5 foot and weighs 7-8 stone.

Doctor: We are sorry that your partner is experiencing such difficulty controlling her pain due to IBS. She can take 200mg Ibuprofen to assist in relieving the symptoms of her pain, while she is on buscopan. Buscopan is a medication that is specifically used to treat abdominal spasms associated with irritable bowel syndrome. Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication that can assist in treating systemic pain. We are not certain if she has any drug allergies, or any other severe medical problems, so it would be best to clear this with her gastroenterologist prior to starting this treatment.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No