MMR vaccine and risk of measles reinfection

Patient

Q: Can you get measles if you have had the mmr vaccination

Doctor

A:   MMR vaccine provides protection up to 95 to 98%, after completion of the two doses of this vaccine. Although it is unlikely for you to catch this infection, there is still a slight possibility that you may contract the infection if you come in contact with an infected person when your immunity is low or if there is an epidemic. However, in vaccinated individuals this infection runs a milder course with a faster recovery.

MMR vaccine provides protection up to 95 to 98%, after completion of the two doses of this vaccine. Although it is unlikely for you to catch this infection, there is still a slight possibility that you may contract the infection if you come in contact with an infected person when your immunity is low or if there is an epidemic. However, in vaccinated individuals this infection runs a milder course with a faster recovery.