Molar Pregnancy and Abortion

Patient

Q: Is it safe to get an abortion 2 years after having a molar pregnancy and receiving a D and C surgery?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD.

If you have had a molar pregnancy 2 years back and you are pregnant again, then firstly it is important to learn whether the pregnancy is normal or molar again. This can be achieved by estimating the serum beta hcg levels for the period of gestation. If it's more than 100,000, then molar is likely. However, the best form of treatment then would be again a D& C.
If you are pregnant with a normal pregnancy, then it is suggested that you continue the pregnancy if you were planning for one, else you may get an abortion done, preferably through medical method.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.