Moldy bread

Patient: I ate part of a sandwich with a little mold on it, I spit it out and rinse my mouth, Will I get sick?

 

 

Doctor: The important thing is you identified the mold and avoided further exposure.  With the quantities you describe, it would d be unlikely to cause any significant ill effects. The worst case scenario would be a day of stomach upset.I hope this helpsGood luck

 


 

 
Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment