Mom is 73 and been inhospital for passing large amounts

Q: Mom is 73 and been inhospital for passing large amounts of blood in stool still bleeding what's wrong

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted the history of your Mom passing large amounts of blood in stool and still bleeding.
The commonest reasons are:
- Hemorrhoids.
- Mass in the rectum or distal colon
- Hematological problem like bleeding disorder.

Since your Mom is admitted, I hope she is taken care of the vitals (pulse. BP, Respiration, dehydration) and for the bleeding.
After resuscitation, colonoscopy will be done to see the reason and measures to stop the bleeding.
Once a diagnosis is made a definite treatment will be planned as per the clinical findings and the reports of investigations.