Mood swings, sleeping too much and feel hopeless. Is it depression?

Patient : I'm always angry, sad, tired even after a long rest, eaily irritated, I over sleep and when I finally do wake up, I feel like theres nothing to look forward to.. Am I depressed ?
Doctor :   Symptoms of depression include depressed mood, sleep disturbances (increased or decreased sleep), loss of interest in ac tivities that are usually pleasurable (sex, hobbies), low energy, poor appetite, no motivation or feels hopeless, suicidal ideation; some are more irritable, others just don't care what's happening around, etc. it is possible you are expereincing an episode of depression so you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Other conditions (hypothyroidism) mimics depression so blood tests should also be done to rule these out. I do hope I have answered your question and I wish you well always.