Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Morning after pill

Morning after pill

Patient: Hi I had unprotected sex two weeks ago which was the sunday morning and had morning afterpill the afternoon. Last week saterday I got my period for 3 days and had no sex thereafter , is there a possibility that I still can be pregnant . Let me know

Doctor: Certainly not, once you have your menstruation there is no fertile ovum left. Therefore neither the ability to become pr egnant nor an actual pregnancy might be possible. Emergency contraception should not replace your regular contraceptive methods and should be used to frequent, remember that this could alter your regular cycles eventually or cause intermenstrual bleeding.