x
Browse
173 Physicians Online

Question:

Morning after pill and Norethisterone

Does norethisterone affect the morning after pill ? I came of norethisterone the day before having to take the morning after pill; is there any chance the morning after pills actions could have been interfered with because of it?

Answer:

It is unlikely. Norethisterone and Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill) has no drug interactions; it will not decrease the effectivity of the morning after pill. If you used Ellaone, this is a new drug and its interactions with other drugs have not been well studied. You should still continue Norethisterone. I do hope this helps and take care always.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA