x
Browse
184 Physicians Online

Question:

Morning after pill during menopause

Should a women 49 take the morning after pill if she is going threw permenal pauses skipping period and nite flash what are her changes don't want to take if not sure

Answer:

The choice of contraception when you are over the age of 40 years may be influenced by possible risks and side-effects, how effective it, if you have a medical condition that needs to be considered and personal preference. Morning after pills can be used by women of any age, including those who cannot use hormonal methods on a continuing basis.
Women experience physical effects before, during, and after menopause: hot flashes, excess sweating, difficulty holding urine, vaginal dryness that can make sex painful, and difficulty sleeping. Some ways to reduce some of these symptoms are :

Deep breathing from the diaphragm may make a hot flash go away faster. A woman can also try eating foods containing soy or taking 800 international units per day of vitamin E.
Eat foods rich in calcium (such as dairy products, beans, fish) and engage in moderate physical activity to help slow the loss of bone density that comes with menopause.
Vaginal lubricants or moisturizers can be used if vaginal dryness persists and causes irritation. During sex, use a commercially available vaginal lubricant, water, or saliva as a lubricant, if vaginal dryness is a problem.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA