Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Morning after pill taken by partner (any effects on male?)

Morning after pill taken by partner (any effects on male?)

Patient: Dr,I would like to ask a question about the morning after pill. My girlfriend took the pill ‘Boots Emergency Contraceptive 1.5mg Tablet containing Levonorgestrel’ because the condom broke. I was wondering if there is any chance of any hormones/substances from the pill getting in my system. A couple of hours after she took it we had sex (with protection) is it possible to get something from the breast area if I used my mouth in that area? (sorry for the weird question)

Doctor: Medicinal effects will not be transmitted to you either through sex or breast fluids. It acts on her only and controlls conception. Do remember that this pill is for Emergency purpose only and should not become routine. Take proper precautions to prevent such thing (condom breaks) in future.