Mottled knee with numbness and purple colour

Patient

Q: I broke my knee in december and had screws put in. I have experienced some unusual symptoms - my leg is mottled, purple and stiff. I have been to the doctor and the hospital and had ultra sound scans done. The doctor told me that my scans showed that I have a small acute blood clot in one of my veins, and that I have suffered from what he thinks is autonomic nerve trauma. I have been advised just to wait it out and come back for review in two months but today my leg is darker than ever before and I am struggling to lift my knee. I am also experiencing a burning pain down the left hand side of my foot. Is this something to be concerned about?

Symptoms:  Mottled skin, numbness in toes, purple shade, stiffness, painful tingling down left side of foot
Doctor