Mouth breathing after nose surgery

Patient : Hello, my question is: I'm due to have nose surgery soon which will prevent my breathing trough the nose for a while. mouth breathing is difficult for me, since almost immediately it causes complete dryness in the mouth and a sour throat (not to mention difficulty in eating and drinking, and fast accumulation of germs in the mouth). Is there any way to ease mouth breathing when there is no choise but to breath that way? Thanks.
Doctor :   Mouth breathing does indeed tend to dry the airways but unfortunately there is no alternative. I suggest increasing your oral fluid intake. Try to keeo the areas as moist as possible by drinking sufficient water and juices to ease the discomfort.