MRI OR CT SCAN

Patient : Hi, i went to my ENT doctor and he send me to do a CT SCAN of sinuses, the next day i went to my primary doctor because i got a very bad headache and he ask me to do an MRI in the head(even thou i told him i will do the ct scan) I don't want to do both tests, wich test i will get better results for my sinuses??? Thank you very much Susana
Doctor :   A CT scan is usually the first choice imaging test to examine the sinuses. While an MRI is occasionally employed for sin us disease, it is reserved for cases of suspected tumors or eye or brain involvement. I suspect your primary doctor as orderd the MRI to investigate for other causes of your headache besides sinusitis.