MRI question. Please help

Q: I'm 16 and I am having an MRI of my abdomen and pelvic area. On the date of the exam I will be on the 5-6th day of my period. I just wanted to know if the doctor will be able to see if I'm on my period or my pad as I would not like them to know...

A:   Thank you for your query.
When an MRI is done you may be asked to wear a hospital gown or clothing without zippers or snaps. It is advisable to discuss about your menstrual bleeding with them and ask if that would be a problem to have your pad on. Most probably using a pad should not cause problem with the MRI but you may be asked to change to a fresh one prior to the test. The test can take ~ 30 – 90 minutes on an average.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.