MRI scan and a history of welding and grinding metal..

Patient : I have to go for an MRI today and about 4 years ago I was in the navy and welded and grinded metal....... Should I be worried....
Doctor :   Prior to entering the MRI area, any person with a history of welding or working with metal need to undergo a skull x-ray or CT scan to screen for any metal bits or pieces in the brain and eyes. This is because the strong magnetic field may affect any metal in the body specially brain and eyes and cause trauma due to movement of the object in the magnetic field. Thus you may be asked for a screening Xray prior to allowing you for an MRI.