Patient : Hi, I have been in a car accident 20 years ago. I broke my back, and they did a bone grafting and Harrington rods. The rods is still in place after 20 years. My back has been acting up for a long period and I wanted to go for an MRI. Now, I heard that a MRI is not a good idea, is this true? They said that I should go for something called scintigram? I am not familiar with that. Could you please give me some advice?
Symptoms:  hurts when i sneeze, if i bent over, pick up heavy stuff. Can not stand or sit for long periods of time. Have difficulty turning around when sleeping.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...

Q: Recent MRI was given to me without results. I have to wait until later in the week to get them.

Q: 23 y.o. female had lower right back pain for about 1 year following a burning pain from bending over (I thought it wa...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon