Mrs.

Patient : I'm wondering why my hair isn't growing. In 2009 I had RnY surgery that went fantastic. Three months after my hair started thinning and I was aware that could happen.... however, it hasn't come back. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better. I have asked my PCP about this and she's pretty baffled since my blood work shows that I'm not deficient, not diabetic, and my thyroid is fine. I went to a specialist to see about hormones and she said all was well. I had 2 biopsies taken on my scalp as well by a dermatologist who said he could see nothing wrong as far as cancer or infections and such. I'm currently using laser therapy and shampoos that are natural and gentle. I was using a Ketoconazole shampoo, but it made my hair so dry I had to stop (and I didn't see any improvement in the 3 months or so I used it). The other odd thing is when I use a scalp stimulator tool, get a scalp massage, or use shampoos/products that should make your scalp "tingle" I don't get the tingle. My hair thinning is mostly on the top of my head and towards the front. This is the area that won't tingle - ever - but the back of my head will (where my hair is thicker). The only way for me to get a tingling sensation is to use pure peppermint oil which I won't as I know it can "burn" your skin. Any idea about a treatment or how to get the sensation back in my scalp and to regrow my hair? I had really thick hair when I was in K-12 school and pretty nice hair after (but I think college stress and processing did take its toll).
Symptoms:  Scalp only has tingling sensation on top back, behind ears, and back of head/neck.
Hair thinning on top, especially towards front and sides in front of ears.
Vitamin panel has come back normal. Also thyroid seems normal as well as hormone levels.
I do donate plasma, but did so before this as well without complications.