MRSA and PCOS

Patient

Q: I have ovarian cysts and i also have been getting mrsa i have had three lumps in my armpit cut opened do to the mrsa now im getting them on my face does that have anything to do with having ovarian cysts? What should i do about the mrsa these lumps just keep coming and no matter what i do i keep getting them i just had one on my cheek bone now im getting one above my eyebrow. One right after another its very stressfull and painfull help????

Doctor

A:   I comprehend your worry about recurrent abscesses compromised by MRSA. Let me reassure you that MRSA infection is not directly related to PCOS, however Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome increase the levels of androgens or male hormones and this might increase the development of Acne.
I would suggest you to consider having treatment with contraceptive hormones to reduce your chances of developing acne which might help you with recurrences and also be extremely careful with your abscesses and avoid touching them to prevent re infections in other parts of your body. Wash your hands constantly and if pus is draining form your boils, consult your physician immediately for antibiotic prescription. I wish you a prompt recovery.