Ms

Patient : My daughter is 10 years old. She is 4'5" and weighs 56lbs. She began taking lexapro 6 months ago for severe depression and anxiety. It has helped her but in the last month she has had 2 episodes where she gets extremely dizzy and sleepy and the next day she throws up a few times and sleeps all day. She is having her second episode now but has been sleeping for 3 days straight. Her face gets very red and splotchy during these episodes. This is very unusual for her as she has only thrown up 2 other times in her life and is usually very active. It's like a drugged sleepiness. Could it be the antidepressant doing this? Or something else?
Symptoms:  Sleeping, slight headache, dizziness, vomiting for one day, red splotchy face. No fever