Q: For over a year, I've been exercising six days a week (like Insanity, T25, Turbofire, etc.) Usually stuff that's heavy on the cardio and core-usage.

About two months ago, while I was doing a high jog, I felt a "stitch" in my side. I exercised through it, and then did the same thing the day after, despite the pain. When I started exercising on the third day, and the pain was still there, I figured I had some sort of ab strain and needed rest. So I didn't exercise for two months, and I rested. Now I can poke and prod my stomach muscles, and I don't feel pain. I just went to the doctor who said I was clear to start exercising again.

HOWEVER, still whenever I run or even walk at a fast pace, the stitch feeling comes back. Every time. This is the only time it hurts. I can bend down and lift just fine. I never had any problems with this before, and I hadn't changed up my exercise routine recently or anything before the injury.

Why is this happening? It hurts at the same intensity as it did the first day it happened.

Symptoms:  side stitch when running, side stitch when walking, side pain, ab strain