Ms

Patient

Q: Is there anything else on market can speed the recovery x

Symptoms: 

0

Signs & Symptoms of Allergies to Herbicides
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2013 | By Kristie Jernigan

author image

Rashes can be one sign of an allergy to herbicides. Photo Credit examination image by JASON WINTER from Fotolia.com

Herbicides are chemicals used to kill weeds and other unwanted plants in your garden or yard. According to Purdue University Department of Agriculture, herbicides are absorbed through your skin, broken down by the body and secreted in urine and feces. You can also inhale herbicides and cause allergic reactions. According to Texas A& M University, some examples of herbicides are chlorophenoxy, nitrophenolic, and pentachlorophenol.

Skin Irritation

According to Texas A& M University, skin irritation and rashes can result from an allergic reaction to herbicides. According to a case study by Malcolm C. Spencer, M.D. in the 1966 edition of "The Journal of the American Medical Association," contact dermatitis is one kind of allergic reaction to using certain herbicides. Contact dermatitis causes crusty, scaly skin to develop. Contact dermatitis can also cause itching, and if itching continues, you can even develop more serious skin infections. Herbicides can also cause a red rash to develop on the skin, which may also be itchy and uncomfortable for you. For people with sensitive or fragile skin, an allergic skin irritation may be worse and result in blistering or burning of the skin. Emergency medical assistance is necessary in severe cases.

You Might Also Like

Herbicides for Bamboo

Side Effects of…

Health Dangers of…

Alternatives to…

Herbicides for Sunflowers

The Effects of…

Health Effects of Weed…

Bad Effects of Chemicals…

How to Clean Non-Organic…

20 Foods to Always Buy…

10 Worst Non-Organic…

Agent Orange Chemical…

The Effects of Soy…

Natural Foods for Men's…

Ingredients for the Fast…

Uses of Artemisinin

Other Irritations

According to Texas A & M University, irritations of the eyes, nose and throat are sometime the result of allergic reactions to herbicides. After exposure, you may experience a reddening or watering of the eyes that may be the result of an allergic reaction. You may also have a sore or scratchy throat due to inhaling the chemicals from herbicides. In addition, you can also have problems with an irritation of the nasal membranes, and this may result in a runny or congested nose. This can be more dangerous for younger children or the elderly who may actually experience airway shutdown due to allergic reactions. If you have symptoms like these, you should seek immediate medical assistance.>>>>.
3 yrs ago i sprayed weed killer for 1st time then 1 wk later my eyse wer watering then turned red now ev yr same thing it took a few docs to believe me n i was put on 180mg then 120 mg fexofenadine +nedocromil 2% 4times then 2 times a day but even tho it works i feel it takes weeks is there anything that will work quicker , xx
Doctor