Patient: I took three home pregnancy test all come out positive so i go to er and they comfirmed my pregnancy. With in first 48 hrs my hgc levels doubled and then two days later dropped is there any hope for a successful. Pregnancy with a healthy baby?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.When the pregnancy is progressing in a healthy way the hCG levels double every 48 hours. But when there is a problem with the pregnancy like hormonal imbalance, luteal phase defect immunological factors, quality of the gametes, uterine factors etc which may lead to a pregnancy loss, the levels of hCG can drop. It is advisable that you see a doctor who can do a scan to see if the gestational sac & fetal heart is there or has the pregnancy been miscarried.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

View all posts