Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Multiple tiny nodules beneath the skin of the scrotum and on my penis

Multiple tiny nodules beneath the skin of the scrotum and on my penis

Patient: I have Multiple tiny nodules beneath the skin of the scrotum and on my penis. its been there for 2 weeks. its very itchichng ang irritating and i have absolutely no pain. i nowdays wash my genital in warm water with some dettol but it doesnt seem to have reduced.i dont think its std as inever had sex

Doctor: Nodules in the scrotal skin could be due to folliculitis or epidermal cysts. You may need to see your doctor or a dermat ologist to determine the cause. Usually no treatment is required, though surgical excision may be done if you have  an epidermal cyst.