Multivitamin contents exceeding RDA?

Patient : Dear Doctor, I am a 26yo male, around 84kg at 176cm, about moderately active since I am trying to get back in shape and I learned that multivitamins supplements the essentials which are missing from my diet. I was hoping if you can assist to shed some light on multivitamins nutrients level. When I was looking through the label of a bottle recommended by a friend and I noticed that nutrition values highly exceeds the RDA. Here's a link to the product: http://sg.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html?_requestid=608720 I went on to shop around online for other multivitamins and noticed that it is not unusual to see other multivitamin products that exceed the RDA as well. So is it safe to consume multivitamins that exceed the RDA and not cause future health complications? I would really want to know because the cost of a pill is definitely cheaper than the getting the individual food ingredients. Thank you for your time and I do hope to see your reply. Sincerely, Jonathan
Symptoms:  No symptoms yet
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. I reviewed the product and t his has been designed for patients with vitamin deficiency so that it can correct the deficit levels. However, you can still consume it because the range is not alarmingly high and vitamin toxicity is rare. The main target should be a very healthy diet rather than supplements. The alternative is Pharmaton Vitality capsules to be taken once daily. Hope this was helpful, Regards