x
172 Physicians Online

Question:

Muscle aches and throat pain

I accidently mistook my friends Symbicort inhaler for my own albuterol inhaler. That was last Thursday and since then I have had a slight fever, aches and pains (predominantly back and legs), and a throat pain. This Thursday I am going to see my doctor, but I want to know what I can do to reduce the throat pain because it hurts to swallow.

Answer:

You can try taking some Ibuprofen (Advil). Your throat may be having some inflammation; pain relievers and anti-inflammatory agents could help decrease inflammation and hence, the pain. Avoid hot drinks or food because it may worsen the inflammation; warm is okay. Drinking lots of cold water (not sweet drinks) will also help. Please make sure you will see your doctor soon so your condition can be completely assessed. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA