Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Muscle Bridge Issue causing shoulder pain

Muscle Bridge Issue causing shoulder pain

Patient: ANGIOGRAPHY REPORT – CAG S/O – Muscle Bridge MID LAD With Mild Plaque. Reports normal, but pain in left shoulder. No medicines given. How to get rid of pain?

Symptoms: Chest pain radiating to left shoulder.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Your angiography report suggests that the pain you are having is not due to cardiac issues. You just have a mild plaque, which is unlikely to cause Shoulder pain. However, it can cause chest pain on strenuous activities.It seems you are suffering from Chronic Shoulder Pain that can be Osteoarthritis of shoulder, Frozen shoulder or ligament tear of shoulder. I suppose, you should get an MRI of shoulder joint done to rule out all the mentioned possibilities.Also, get your Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels.For pain you should do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You should apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. To take anti-inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen , Etoricoxib if the pain is very severe.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy

Patient: That would help a lot.
Thanks Much.
Do I need to worry about this mild plaque at all?