x
180 Physicians Online

Question:

Muscle relaxers and anti inflammatories

Can you take robaxin and meloxicam together

Answer:

Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor

Yes, you can take Robaxin and Meloxicam together. Robaxin is the commercial name for Methocarbamol, which  is used along with rest, physical therapy, and other measures to relax muscles and relieve pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries.
Methocarbamol is in a class of medications called muscle relaxants.
Methocarbamol and Meloxicam can be taken together and have a synergistic effect.

It works by slowing activity in the nervous system to allow the body to relax. Meloxicam is a anti inflammatory medication and different from a muscle relaxant. Some cases they are prescribed together to get a better result in the treatment of certain conditions.

I hope this helps you.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA