Muscle Spasms/Back Pain

Patient : Im 20 years old and I'm not into physical activity. I have been having muscle spasms in my back (twice so far) and the aftermath is super painful. What can I do to treat this, and should I be checked by a doctor or chiropractor so see if its anything worse?
Symptoms:  Symptoms: Hurts to breathe, Muscle Spasm, Pain, Discomfort, Family History, Tenderness, Stiffness
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your sedentary lifestyle may be directly related to your back muscle spasms. It is importan t that you have these spasms evaluated by your doctor to be certain that these spasms are not being caused by a problem with the innervation of these muscles. You may need to undergo physiotherapy and practice gentle stretching techniques which can assist in treating your current symptoms and preventing them from recurring in the future. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon