Muscles around knee painfull worse at night

Patient : Have pain around my knee gets worse when I lay down at night
Symptoms:  Knee pain
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your knee pain may be due to tendinitis of your knee joints. We do not have enough detail p ertaining to your pain, or if you had previously injured it but if even at rest you are experiencing pain, it is possible that the tendons may be inflamed. This needs to be evaluated by your doctor to determine the severity of your tendinitis. You may be prescribed antiinflammatory medication and physiotherapy sessions to assist in healing your knee joint and alleviating your pain. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com