Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Muscular spasms (not painful)

Muscular spasms (not painful)

Patient: My Daughter’s body keeps going into spasms shes been and had a blood test it has come back normal they are now sending her for a head scan, please could you tell me it could possibly be ?

Doctor: If the “muscle spasms” of your daughter that you mentioned are not painful, and they are sending her now for a brain sc in scan, possibly they are trying to rule out the possibility of a brain process that is causing seizures. In the view of the limited of the information that you provided, I suggest that you wait until the tests are completed and the doctor presents you with a diagnosis and possible treatment strategy.