Must I put sunscreen on my exposed skin?

Patient : Am I sensitive to sunlight? I am fair skinned and have had this problem since childhood. If I sunburn too much I swell.
Symptoms:  Red itchy rash on my arms, hands, neck and face when in direct sunlight. Once the rash appears, it gets worse when my body gets hot or I perspire even if I remain indoors.
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I will advise you to put sunscreen regularly on your face and all exposed areas. If in case allergy sets in leading to swelling or redness, oral antihistaminics are prescribed like Levocetirizine. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly during the acute attack. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Take care