Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 1 year and 9 month has a temp of

My 1 year and 9 month has a temp of

Patient: My 1 year and 9 month has a temp of 103.5 it gets of and comes

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.A high temperature can be alarming, but in an otherwise healthy ch ild it usually isn’t something serious. A fever often means that a body is working the way it should and fighting off infection.Call Doctor If:You think the child needs medical attention.Fever lasting more than 24 hours.The child is any age with a temperature of 104 F or higher.The soft spot on the child’s skull is bulging.The child vomits repeatedly or has severe diarrhea.The child has signs of dehydration, such as not wetting diapers, crying without tears, dry mouth or mucous membranes, or sunken soft spot.The fever triggers a seizure.The child has a fever and a rash.Your child is at special risk for serious infections. This includes children with blood or immune disorders, or any child who has not received the routine immunizations.Take care.