My 10 lb dog just bit my husband on nose

Q: My 10 lb dog just bit my husband on nose. Bleeding is stopped but afraid it may need stitches. H shaped inside top rt corner across top and tip of nose. Couple of places look to be completely split. How do i know when to force er visit. He's angry and refusing right now.

A:   Hi.

Read and understood the history of dog bite on nose of your husband, with multiple wounds.
Since the bleeding is stopped, nothing to worry about it.
What is more worrisome is the immunization status of the dog and your husband.

I think of the following in such a case:
First all wash all wounds on the nose with hydrogen peroxide or if not available soap and plenty of water for the saliva to be washed.
You husband definitely need a tetanus and anti-rabies shots immediately. Hence rush to the ER.
DO not cover the wounds, do not apply any anything else to the wound.

Hope this helps you