Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 11 month old baby fell and hit the metal

My 11 month old baby fell and hit the metal

Patient: My 11 month old baby fell and hit the metal bed rail on her face, right beside her eyebrow on inside top bridge of her nose. You can feel a slight lump in a line where she hit. She has now gone to sleep within ten minutes of it . Should I keep her awake or is this a normal bump a kid gets when learning to stand?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If you have a bump on the forehead, you should always take the child to a Doctor to be s ure that she is not suffering from anything serious.It is always dangerous as the brains of young children are very delicate and should be treated carefully. I wish that your child recovers quickly.All the best.