Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 11 month old daughter is on antibiotics but her

My 11 month old daughter is on antibiotics but her

Patient: My 11 month old daughter is on antibiotics but her back has broke put into hives , I know to stop the antibiotics but should I give her aanything else ?? Benadryl ??

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems th at your daughter is suffering from urticaria. It is characterised by red colored itchy transient eruptions over body.It can be caused by allergy to recent infection, any food, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc.In your daughter’s case , it may be because of the infection for which antibiotic was started or may be due to the antibiotic itself.In such cases, I prefer to advise pheniramine maleate syrup to my patients. .You should discuss this with your doctor.I am sure that he would agree with this.I hope it helps.Stay healthy