My 13 year old daughter has been complaining about

Patient : My 13 year old daughter has been complaining about a sore throat since Sunday. Today I notice tiny red dots on the roof of her mouth and swollen gland in neck. She has a non productive cough and no fever, could this be Strep
Doctor :   Thank you for choosing Ask The Doctor. It is possible that she has either a viral infection or a Strep infection. In both cases, it is possible that you have the symptoms that you are describing. Please see a Doctor in case you need antibiotics to help you. Hope this helps you.