Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 17 yr old son has been experiencing itching on

My 17 yr old son has been experiencing itching on

Patient: My 17 yr old son has been experiencing itching on is chest and back and some on his arms while excercising and/or physical activity until he sweats. He is taking Claritin and that does not seem to help. Any suggestions?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.It mostly sounds like a heat rash and he develops it until he sweats as you mentioned.Claritin is the drug that should help, however if its be helping, you can try a combination of Levocetirizine and Monetelukast. That should be able to reduce the itching. It should be taken once at night before sleeping.If possible kindly try to send a picture of the same next time he develops the itching or rash.Feel free to discuss further.