My 19 year old son always asks for a home cooked meal

Patient

Q: My 19 year old son always asks for a home cooked meal but he never have an ounce of it warm at anytime. He always put it in the freezer for 5 mins. He intake nothing warm. Is he suffering from a condition?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

No, this does not really indicate any medical condition, however, it does seem like an OCD, an obsessive compulsive disorder.
Most of us do have OCDs, and mostly they are minor.
You need to talk to him, and find out what exactly is preventing him from having a hot meal. Also, you need to tell him about of benefits of having a hot meal. If he insists on having the meal cold every time you can take him to a psychologist who will help him get past this OCD.

Hope this was helpful,