My 2 year old daughter has had a fever yesterday

Q: My 2 year old daughter has had a fever yesterday and at 5:30 this morning of 101.4 she hasn't ran a fever since I did give her ibuprofen Well this afternoon before nap she went potty and when I wiped her I notice blood on the toilet paper so I wiped again and noticed it was from her vaginal area. Why is she bleeding and should I take her to her pcp?

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

Urinary tract infection can present like this and bleed from urethra can have an off chance of misinterpreting like vaginal bleed. Yes, take her to GP as soon as possible. Without proper physical examination, it is difficult to come to a conclusion. She may require a couple of routine blood tests also.

Wishing her speedy recovery.