Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 2 year old son been having a fever off

My 2 year old son been having a fever off

Patient: My 2 year old son been having a fever off and on for two days. He barely drinks and he haven’t ate nothing since Tuesday. I take him a warm half cold bath and give him advil. It make his fever go away for couple minutes.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.If the fever is persistent e ven after taking Advil, it is suggestive of an infection. You can consult his pediatrician, who can recommend an antibiotic course like Amoxicillin syrup 1 teaspoon twice daily for 3-5 days. You can also give the baby Tylenol or Advil SOS as required.Loss of appetite is a feature of such infection. Once he starts the treatment, he will be fine.Hope this was helpful,Regards