My 2 year old son been having a fever off

Patient

Q: My 2 year old son been having a fever off and on for two days. He barely drinks and he haven't ate nothing since Tuesday. I take him a warm half cold bath and give him advil. It make his fever go away for couple minutes.

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

If the fever is persistent even after taking Advil, it is suggestive of an infection. You can consult his pediatrician, who can recommend an antibiotic course like Amoxicillin syrup 1 teaspoon twice daily for 3-5 days. You can also give the baby Tylenol or Advil SOS as required.
Loss of appetite is a feature of such infection. Once he starts the treatment, he will be fine.

Hope this was helpful,