My 20 month old daughter had boil on her head

Patient

Q: My 20 month old daughter had boil on her head. we had to cut her hair around that area to apply medication. now the boil is gone. but the hair does not grow back. will it grow back?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your concerns about the hair not growing back after the boil is settled.
It is possible that the hair have gone into temporary halt in growth due to the disease process in that part of the scalp. This usually get OK with time.
Do not worry at the moment, the baby is just 20 months. Wait and watch is the best policy at the moment.
If there is no positive growth after 6 months, consult a Trichologist (Skin Specialist working with hair).

Hope this helps you.