My 20 month old son has not been able to

Q: My 20 month old son has not been able to poop with out miralax. He's had problems since he was 4 months old and I've been to 5 doctors and no answers

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood the problems your son is going through.
Unable to pass stool without Miralax since he was 4 months old and now he is 20 months old. You have visited 5 Doctors but no answers.

The probable causes are:
Segment of intestine not having proper nerve supply.
Congenital obstructing lesion.

The causes can be found out by visiting Pediatric Surgeon (specialized in Gastroenterology preferably- if you can get).
Contrast intestinal studies colonoscopy, biopsy and such investigations can get the proper answer.

You have to manage in this way to find a diagnosis and then only proper treatment can be instituted.

Hope this helps.