Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 20 month old son has not been able to

My 20 month old son has not been able to

Patient: My 20 month old son has not been able to poop with out miralax. He’s had problems since he was 4 months old and I’ve been to 5 doctors and no answers

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the problems your son is going through.Unable to pass stool withou t Miralax since he was 4 months old and now he is 20 months old. You have visited 5 Doctors but no answers.The probable causes are:Segment of intestine not having proper nerve supply.Congenital obstructing lesion.The causes can be found out by visiting Pediatric Surgeon (specialized in Gastroenterology preferably- if you can get).Contrast intestinal studies colonoscopy, biopsy and such investigations can get the proper answer.You have to manage in this way to find a diagnosis and then only proper treatment can be instituted.Hope this helps.