My 20 month old son has not been able to

Patient : My 20 month old son has not been able to poop with out miralax. He's had problems since he was 4 months old and I've been to 5 doctors and no answers
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood the problems your son is going through. Unable to pass stool withou t Miralax since he was 4 months old and now he is 20 months old. You have visited 5 Doctors but no answers. The probable causes are: Segment of intestine not having proper nerve supply. Congenital obstructing lesion. The causes can be found out by visiting Pediatric Surgeon (specialized in Gastroenterology preferably- if you can get). Contrast intestinal studies colonoscopy, biopsy and such investigations can get the proper answer. You have to manage in this way to find a diagnosis and then only proper treatment can be instituted. Hope this helps.